Teen gets wild mane shaved off for Chemo Appeal
- Credit: Archant
The Bideford College student will be having his head shaved for the North Devon charity.
A 15-YEAR-OLD with a wild head of hair will be shaving it all off and going bald in aid of the Chemotherapy Appeal this week.
Bideford College student Tristan Beer decided after growing his hair for seven months it was time for a change and decided to cut it off for the charity.
Tristan, who is studying for his GCSEs, will have his locks chopped tomorrow (Saturday) and said he is doing it in memory of his late grandfathers Charlie Edworthy and Joe Beer.
Both his grandfathers had cancer and Tristan had even visited one of them at the current chemo unit at North Devon District Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“I saw someone else shave off their hair for charity one day and thought, I want to do that too,” said Tristan.
“My school have been really supportive and so far I think I have raised around £300.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 7 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 8 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
“We had a non uniform day at the end of term where everyone paid £1 and that will go towards my fundraising.”
His mum Carleen Evans said she was extremely proud of him for what he was doing.
She said: “Tristan has done it all off his own back and it’s wonderful to see he is raising all this money in honour of his grandfathers.”
The haircut will take place at Steven and Laurent’s hairdressers in Bideford, who have offered their services for free.