Teen gets wild mane shaved off for Chemo Appeal
- Credit: Archant
The Bideford College student will be having his head shaved for the North Devon charity.
A 15-YEAR-OLD with a wild head of hair will be shaving it all off and going bald in aid of the Chemotherapy Appeal this week.
Bideford College student Tristan Beer decided after growing his hair for seven months it was time for a change and decided to cut it off for the charity.
Tristan, who is studying for his GCSEs, will have his locks chopped tomorrow (Saturday) and said he is doing it in memory of his late grandfathers Charlie Edworthy and Joe Beer.
Both his grandfathers had cancer and Tristan had even visited one of them at the current chemo unit at North Devon District Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“I saw someone else shave off their hair for charity one day and thought, I want to do that too,” said Tristan.
“My school have been really supportive and so far I think I have raised around £300.
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
“We had a non uniform day at the end of term where everyone paid £1 and that will go towards my fundraising.”
His mum Carleen Evans said she was extremely proud of him for what he was doing.
She said: “Tristan has done it all off his own back and it’s wonderful to see he is raising all this money in honour of his grandfathers.”
The haircut will take place at Steven and Laurent’s hairdressers in Bideford, who have offered their services for free.