Teams take on Commando Challenge
Two teams from RMB Chivenor took on the four km and 10km endurance race.
TWO teams from RMB Chivenor have completed a race of endurance, raising more than �2,000 for charity in the process.
The 10k race team took third place in the endurance battle, which included an off road assault course - and a lot of mud.
Rob Taylor, of Commando Fitness Training at RMB Chivenor, said: “The event took place at Woodbury Common and it was tough.
“We had a 4k team and a 10k team, who both did really well – the 10k came third and the 4k came 42nd in their category.
“It was a tough course with sheep dips, off road trails and tunnels filled with water.”
In total the group has raised around �2,100 which will be split between the Devon Air Ambulance, The Royal Marines Charitable Trust Fund and The C Group.
- 1 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 2 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 3 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 4 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 5 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 6 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 7 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 8 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 9 Those energy bills - what has gone wrong?
- 10 Help turn tide with Appledore community film