Teams dig to be king of the castle at Woolacombe
TEAMS will be competing to be king of the castle at an eye-catching competition being held in Woolacombe early next month. The 16th annual North Devon Hospice Sandcastle Competition takes place on the beach on Sunday, July 12 and there s still plenty of t
TEAMS will be competing to be king of the castle at an eye-catching competition being held in Woolacombe early next month.
The 16th annual North Devon Hospice Sandcastle Competition takes place on the beach on Sunday, July 12 and there's still plenty of time for teams wanting to enter to come up with some inspiring sand sculpture ideas that'll topple the competition.
Digging starts at 1pm and teams of up to six will have three hours to dig, carve and sculpt their masterpieces before judging at 4pm.
All team members must be over the age of 16, but children are being invited to join in the fun by contributing to a line of sandcastles that organisers hope will stretch all the way along the beach to Putsborough.
You may also want to watch:
"It's a long way, but we'll try and get there," said hospice community fund-raiser Emma Lowe.
"The sandcastle competition is a great family event. It will help the hospice to celebrate its 25th anniversary caring for local people and their families who are living with life-limiting illnesses."
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 7 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 8 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
For the first time ever, the hospice has organised a demonstration of professional sand sculpting by award-winning ice-sculpture artists Articulture, who are looking forward to adapting their skills to the sand.
Entry costs �100 per team and once registered, teams will be given a copy of the rules.
For an entry form or for more details, telephone Emma on (01271) 347213, email email@example.com or visit www.northdevonhospice.org.uk