Teams dig to be king of the castle at Woolacombe
TEAMS will be competing to be king of the castle at an eye-catching competition being held in Woolacombe early next month. The 16th annual North Devon Hospice Sandcastle Competition takes place on the beach on Sunday, July 12 and there s still plenty of t
TEAMS will be competing to be king of the castle at an eye-catching competition being held in Woolacombe early next month.
The 16th annual North Devon Hospice Sandcastle Competition takes place on the beach on Sunday, July 12 and there's still plenty of time for teams wanting to enter to come up with some inspiring sand sculpture ideas that'll topple the competition.
Digging starts at 1pm and teams of up to six will have three hours to dig, carve and sculpt their masterpieces before judging at 4pm.
All team members must be over the age of 16, but children are being invited to join in the fun by contributing to a line of sandcastles that organisers hope will stretch all the way along the beach to Putsborough.
You may also want to watch:
"It's a long way, but we'll try and get there," said hospice community fund-raiser Emma Lowe.
"The sandcastle competition is a great family event. It will help the hospice to celebrate its 25th anniversary caring for local people and their families who are living with life-limiting illnesses."
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online
For the first time ever, the hospice has organised a demonstration of professional sand sculpting by award-winning ice-sculpture artists Articulture, who are looking forward to adapting their skills to the sand.
Entry costs �100 per team and once registered, teams will be given a copy of the rules.
For an entry form or for more details, telephone Emma on (01271) 347213, email email@example.com or visit www.northdevonhospice.org.uk