Team Rector retires
Farewell service for Reverend Leslie Austin, team rector of Shirwell, at Kentisbury Village Hall.
REVEREND Leslie Austin held his last service in Kentisbury parish on Sunday prior to retiring this summer.
The farewell service at Kentisbury and Trentishoe Village Hall was not quite his final role as his last service in the Shirwell Mission Community will be held in St Peter’s Church, Bratton Fleming at 11am on Sunday, July 29.
Mr Austin and his wife Nan came to North Devon in 1997 and he was appointed Team Rector of The Shirwell Team Ministry which covers the Parishes of Arlington, Bratton Fleming, Challacombe, East Down, Kentisbury, Loxhore, Shirwell and Stoke Rivers.
During that time they have come into contact with many people in the local area by officiating at weddings, Christenings and funerals.
You may also want to watch:
They have also supported many parish functions over the years and more recently he has been the Rural Dean for the Shirwell Deanery and seen Shirwell move on to a Mission Community.
They have now decided to retire and move to ‘pastures new’ which will enable them to spend more time with their respective families.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 7 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
Kentisbury churchwarden Margaret Purchase said everyone in the community wished Les and Nan a long and happy retirement.