Team Rector retires
Farewell service for Reverend Leslie Austin, team rector of Shirwell, at Kentisbury Village Hall.
REVEREND Leslie Austin held his last service in Kentisbury parish on Sunday prior to retiring this summer.
The farewell service at Kentisbury and Trentishoe Village Hall was not quite his final role as his last service in the Shirwell Mission Community will be held in St Peter’s Church, Bratton Fleming at 11am on Sunday, July 29.
Mr Austin and his wife Nan came to North Devon in 1997 and he was appointed Team Rector of The Shirwell Team Ministry which covers the Parishes of Arlington, Bratton Fleming, Challacombe, East Down, Kentisbury, Loxhore, Shirwell and Stoke Rivers.
During that time they have come into contact with many people in the local area by officiating at weddings, Christenings and funerals.
You may also want to watch:
They have also supported many parish functions over the years and more recently he has been the Rural Dean for the Shirwell Deanery and seen Shirwell move on to a Mission Community.
They have now decided to retire and move to ‘pastures new’ which will enable them to spend more time with their respective families.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 3 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 4 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 7 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 8 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 9 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 10 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
Kentisbury churchwarden Margaret Purchase said everyone in the community wished Les and Nan a long and happy retirement.