Team Rector retires
Farewell service for Reverend Leslie Austin, team rector of Shirwell, at Kentisbury Village Hall.
REVEREND Leslie Austin held his last service in Kentisbury parish on Sunday prior to retiring this summer.
The farewell service at Kentisbury and Trentishoe Village Hall was not quite his final role as his last service in the Shirwell Mission Community will be held in St Peter’s Church, Bratton Fleming at 11am on Sunday, July 29.
Mr Austin and his wife Nan came to North Devon in 1997 and he was appointed Team Rector of The Shirwell Team Ministry which covers the Parishes of Arlington, Bratton Fleming, Challacombe, East Down, Kentisbury, Loxhore, Shirwell and Stoke Rivers.
During that time they have come into contact with many people in the local area by officiating at weddings, Christenings and funerals.
You may also want to watch:
They have also supported many parish functions over the years and more recently he has been the Rural Dean for the Shirwell Deanery and seen Shirwell move on to a Mission Community.
They have now decided to retire and move to ‘pastures new’ which will enable them to spend more time with their respective families.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 4 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 5 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 8 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
Kentisbury churchwarden Margaret Purchase said everyone in the community wished Les and Nan a long and happy retirement.