Team Rector retires
Farewell service for Reverend Leslie Austin, team rector of Shirwell, at Kentisbury Village Hall.
REVEREND Leslie Austin held his last service in Kentisbury parish on Sunday prior to retiring this summer.
The farewell service at Kentisbury and Trentishoe Village Hall was not quite his final role as his last service in the Shirwell Mission Community will be held in St Peter’s Church, Bratton Fleming at 11am on Sunday, July 29.
Mr Austin and his wife Nan came to North Devon in 1997 and he was appointed Team Rector of The Shirwell Team Ministry which covers the Parishes of Arlington, Bratton Fleming, Challacombe, East Down, Kentisbury, Loxhore, Shirwell and Stoke Rivers.
During that time they have come into contact with many people in the local area by officiating at weddings, Christenings and funerals.
They have also supported many parish functions over the years and more recently he has been the Rural Dean for the Shirwell Deanery and seen Shirwell move on to a Mission Community.
They have now decided to retire and move to ‘pastures new’ which will enable them to spend more time with their respective families.
- 1 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 2 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 3 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 4 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 5 Specialist fire crews rescue horse trapped in ditch
- 6 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 7 Refresh your New Year’s wardrobe by donating unwanted clothes for a good cause
- 8 North Devon Weekend Football Results
- 9 Together we can look forward to 2022
- 10 Covid-19 ventilation advice for North Devon landlords
Kentisbury churchwarden Margaret Purchase said everyone in the community wished Les and Nan a long and happy retirement.