TE Connectivity announces closure with 250 job losses
- Credit: Archant
The factory, which is one of the biggest employers in the region, announced today it will close by the end of the year.
TE Connectivity in Bideford, formerly known as Tyco, has announced today (Thurs) the Bideford site will be closing by the end of the year.
The manufacturing company will transfer its workload to other TE facilities, with the loss of around 250 jobs.
A spokesman for TE Connectivity said the company had started a 90-day consultation period with employees.
He said: “After an extensive evaluation process, TE has come to this decision in order to maximize efficiencies within its industrial business.
You may also want to watch:
“We recognize the impact this decision will have on our employees, and if the proposed action takes place, we will provide comprehensive outplacement support and a redundancy package.”
Do you work at TE Connectivity? Call the newsdesk on 01271 345056 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 8 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park