TE Connectivity announces closure with 250 job losses
- Credit: Archant
The factory, which is one of the biggest employers in the region, announced today it will close by the end of the year.
TE Connectivity in Bideford, formerly known as Tyco, has announced today (Thurs) the Bideford site will be closing by the end of the year.
The manufacturing company will transfer its workload to other TE facilities, with the loss of around 250 jobs.
A spokesman for TE Connectivity said the company had started a 90-day consultation period with employees.
He said: “After an extensive evaluation process, TE has come to this decision in order to maximize efficiencies within its industrial business.
You may also want to watch:
“We recognize the impact this decision will have on our employees, and if the proposed action takes place, we will provide comprehensive outplacement support and a redundancy package.”
Do you work at TE Connectivity? Call the newsdesk on 01271 345056 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 5 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 6 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 7 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 8 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 9 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 10 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award