Tazer used following Woolacombe stabbing
TAZERS were used to subdue a man after a stabbing at Woolacombe in the early hours of this morning (Monday.) Police were called to Woolacombe Bay Holiday Village after a report a 22-year-old Braunton man had been stabbed in the hand. When they arrived, of
TAZERS were used to subdue a man after a stabbing at Woolacombe in the early hours of this morning (Monday.)
Police were called to Woolacombe Bay Holiday Village after a report a 22-year-old Braunton man had been stabbed in the hand.
When they arrived, officers reported they were confronted by a man who was threatening violence to anyone who approached him, being abusive and thought to be in possession of a bladed weapon.
The suspect would not respond to verbal commands and since the area was unlit and given the danger to officers and members of the public, tazer was deployed to subdue him.
You may also want to watch:
A 19-year-old Barnstaple man was subsequently arrested and taken to Barnstaple Police Station, while the victim was taken to hospital for treatment.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 8 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 9 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage
- 10 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'