Tazer used following Woolacombe stabbing
TAZERS were used to subdue a man after a stabbing at Woolacombe in the early hours of this morning (Monday.) Police were called to Woolacombe Bay Holiday Village after a report a 22-year-old Braunton man had been stabbed in the hand. When they arrived, of
TAZERS were used to subdue a man after a stabbing at Woolacombe in the early hours of this morning (Monday.)
Police were called to Woolacombe Bay Holiday Village after a report a 22-year-old Braunton man had been stabbed in the hand.
When they arrived, officers reported they were confronted by a man who was threatening violence to anyone who approached him, being abusive and thought to be in possession of a bladed weapon.
The suspect would not respond to verbal commands and since the area was unlit and given the danger to officers and members of the public, tazer was deployed to subdue him.
You may also want to watch:
A 19-year-old Barnstaple man was subsequently arrested and taken to Barnstaple Police Station, while the victim was taken to hospital for treatment.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple