Tarka opens a home of its own
Housing provider Tarka Housing celebrates a new home and a fourth anniversary
TARKA Housing, which took over responsibility for the former council housing stock and now provides 1,700 affordable homes in the Torridge district, officially opened the doors of its own new home in Bideford on Friday.
The opening of the headquarters on the Clovelly Road Industry Estate by Cllr Roger Johnson, deputy leader of Torridge District Council, came on the same day as Tarka’s fourth anniversary.
Staff spent four days transferring files and services across the town from its former headquarters at East-the-Water, while also maintaining services to householders.
The move has brought better facilities for the expanded Tarka Works service and smart new meeting rooms for tenants and board members to use.
Tarka phone numbers and e-mails remain the same.
- 1 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 2 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 3 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 4 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 5 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 6 War hero, SWW champion and author Tony dies at 97
- 7 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 8 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 9 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 10 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage