Tarka Line to be promoted internationally
- Credit: Archant
New national website chooses North Devon branch line as part of bid to promote the region
North Devon’s Tarka Line has been chosen for a new national website to promote local railways to tourists.
The project has been made possible thanks to a £75,000 grant through the Department for Transport’s Heritage and Community Rail Tourism Innovation Competition.
The site will promote the region’s community rail links and heritage railways to people around the world.
The project is led by the Association of Community Rail Partnerships (ACoRP) and supported by Devon and Cornwall Rail Partnership (DCRP). Manager Richard Burningham said they were delighted to receive funding for the site, which would help attract more tourists to Devon and boost the local economy.
You may also want to watch:
When it is launched next year it will be accompanied by an international marketing campaign, translated into European languages.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes