‘Tardis’ community shop reopens
- Credit: Archant
West Down marks the refurbishment of its popular shop with a community celebration.
PARISHIONERS and supporters turned out in force to celebrate the refurbishment of the West Down Community Shop.
Thanks to a Village SOS grant through the Big Lottery, the shop now has new shelves, chiller cabinets, fridges and freezers plus updated electrical cabling and lighting.
It opened in December in the premises of the former Village Stores, whose owner had retired and now following its refurbishment visitors have already commented how ‘Tardis-like’ and roomy it is inside.
The official reopening was carried out by County Councillor Andrea Davis, followed by community events and activities to mark the occasion.
You may also want to watch:
A new emergency community defibrillator is to be available in the shop porch, 24 hours a day, following a grant by Mrs Davis, together with a donation from Barnstaple Rotary Club Shop, to West Down Parish Council.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 9 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience