Tamsin eyes O2 London date
Northam singer one step away from performing at top venue
A YOUNG Northam singer is just one step away from performing at the O2 Arena in London after winning the regional finals of a prestigious national signing competition.
Tamsin Ball, 17, wowed the crowd and the judging panel at the Open Mic UK Regional Showcase held at Plymouth Guildhall earlier this month.
The classically trained singer, who had already beaten hundreds of other hopefuls at the audition stage, will now perform at the area final in Portsmouth on November 27.
Thousands of acts have entered this year’s competition to find the best unsigned singers, songwriters, rappers and vocalists of all genres.
You may also want to watch:
As well as performing at the O2, Tamsin, an apprentice hairdresser, could also be in line for a share of �50,000 in prizes and a �30,000 recording contract.
“Tamsin works really hard and is dedicated to her singing,” said grandfather Maurice Heather.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online
“She’s always wanted to sing since she was a little girl and has been classically trained since the age of 11,” he added.