Tamsin eyes O2 London date
Northam singer one step away from performing at top venue
A YOUNG Northam singer is just one step away from performing at the O2 Arena in London after winning the regional finals of a prestigious national signing competition.
Tamsin Ball, 17, wowed the crowd and the judging panel at the Open Mic UK Regional Showcase held at Plymouth Guildhall earlier this month.
The classically trained singer, who had already beaten hundreds of other hopefuls at the audition stage, will now perform at the area final in Portsmouth on November 27.
Thousands of acts have entered this year’s competition to find the best unsigned singers, songwriters, rappers and vocalists of all genres.
You may also want to watch:
As well as performing at the O2, Tamsin, an apprentice hairdresser, could also be in line for a share of �50,000 in prizes and a �30,000 recording contract.
“Tamsin works really hard and is dedicated to her singing,” said grandfather Maurice Heather.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 3 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 4 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 5 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 8 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 9 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 10 New food delivery service launched in Barnstaple
“She’s always wanted to sing since she was a little girl and has been classically trained since the age of 11,” he added.