Taking pride in our town
- Credit: Archant
Have you heard that Bideford Town Council could be considering entering Britain in Bloom – just to prove that Bideford is not on the compost heap just yet!
Or is it? Have the town councillors walked round Bideford lately – preferably with their eyes open?
If they have, are they proud of what they see? Or could they be trying to find the grass-cutting and gardening equipment that was once used to make our town look loved and well cared for.
They need to walk round Victoria Park, which was once a pleasure to walk round but now looks like an unkempt meadow.
Goodness knows what lies beneath the nearly knee-high grass! And the nettles are nearly as high as the roses!
You may also want to watch:
As for the grass verges around the town, they would keep a herd of goats in food for a year!
Please can we bring back the pride to our town?
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 8 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 9 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 10 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
Why are our councillors allowing our town to begin to look like a sink estate?
Bideford needs to be talked about for the right reasons if we are to attract visitors to this beautiful part of the country.