Taking pride in our town
- Credit: Archant
Have you heard that Bideford Town Council could be considering entering Britain in Bloom – just to prove that Bideford is not on the compost heap just yet!
Or is it? Have the town councillors walked round Bideford lately – preferably with their eyes open?
If they have, are they proud of what they see? Or could they be trying to find the grass-cutting and gardening equipment that was once used to make our town look loved and well cared for.
They need to walk round Victoria Park, which was once a pleasure to walk round but now looks like an unkempt meadow.
Goodness knows what lies beneath the nearly knee-high grass! And the nettles are nearly as high as the roses!
As for the grass verges around the town, they would keep a herd of goats in food for a year!
Please can we bring back the pride to our town?
- 1 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 2 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 3 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 4 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 5 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 6 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 7 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 8 Help turn tide with Appledore community film
- 9 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 10 Those energy bills - what has gone wrong?
Why are our councillors allowing our town to begin to look like a sink estate?
Bideford needs to be talked about for the right reasons if we are to attract visitors to this beautiful part of the country.