Taking pride in our town
- Credit: Archant
Have you heard that Bideford Town Council could be considering entering Britain in Bloom – just to prove that Bideford is not on the compost heap just yet!
Or is it? Have the town councillors walked round Bideford lately – preferably with their eyes open?
If they have, are they proud of what they see? Or could they be trying to find the grass-cutting and gardening equipment that was once used to make our town look loved and well cared for.
They need to walk round Victoria Park, which was once a pleasure to walk round but now looks like an unkempt meadow.
Goodness knows what lies beneath the nearly knee-high grass! And the nettles are nearly as high as the roses!
You may also want to watch:
As for the grass verges around the town, they would keep a herd of goats in food for a year!
Please can we bring back the pride to our town?
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 6 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
Why are our councillors allowing our town to begin to look like a sink estate?
Bideford needs to be talked about for the right reasons if we are to attract visitors to this beautiful part of the country.