Takeaway fined for illegal waste disposal
‘We take these breaches very seriously’ warns councillor.
A TAKEAWAY business in Northam has been fined for illegally putting its trade waste out for domestic collection.
The Real House BBQ had to cough up �300 for not dealing with its trade waste correctly after the council found conclusive evidence of its wrong-doings.
The takeaway had been putting it’s commercial waste out with the weekly black bag collection instead.
Councillor Chris Leather, lead member for recycling, refuse collection and street cleaning, said: “Torridge takes these breaches very seriously.
You may also want to watch:
“All businesses should have trade waste agreements in force to ensure that any waste produced is dealt with in the correct way.
“We are all responsible for the environment we live in, and we all need to look after it.”
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 3 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 4 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 5 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 10 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
The council also issued a similar ticket to Mischief in Mill Street, Bideford, on May 31.