Takeaway fined for illegal waste disposal
‘We take these breaches very seriously’ warns councillor.
A TAKEAWAY business in Northam has been fined for illegally putting its trade waste out for domestic collection.
The Real House BBQ had to cough up �300 for not dealing with its trade waste correctly after the council found conclusive evidence of its wrong-doings.
The takeaway had been putting it’s commercial waste out with the weekly black bag collection instead.
Councillor Chris Leather, lead member for recycling, refuse collection and street cleaning, said: “Torridge takes these breaches very seriously.
You may also want to watch:
“All businesses should have trade waste agreements in force to ensure that any waste produced is dealt with in the correct way.
“We are all responsible for the environment we live in, and we all need to look after it.”
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 Mission: Unbreakable back with a bang for 2021
The council also issued a similar ticket to Mischief in Mill Street, Bideford, on May 31.