Takeaway fined for illegal waste disposal
‘We take these breaches very seriously’ warns councillor.
A TAKEAWAY business in Northam has been fined for illegally putting its trade waste out for domestic collection.
The Real House BBQ had to cough up �300 for not dealing with its trade waste correctly after the council found conclusive evidence of its wrong-doings.
The takeaway had been putting it’s commercial waste out with the weekly black bag collection instead.
Councillor Chris Leather, lead member for recycling, refuse collection and street cleaning, said: “Torridge takes these breaches very seriously.
You may also want to watch:
“All businesses should have trade waste agreements in force to ensure that any waste produced is dealt with in the correct way.
“We are all responsible for the environment we live in, and we all need to look after it.”
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 4 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 7 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 8 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 9 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 10 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
The council also issued a similar ticket to Mischief in Mill Street, Bideford, on May 31.