Take part in Braunton's Relay for Life this weekend
MAKE a difference in the battle against cancer and join the annual Relay for Life in Braunton this weekend. That is the message from organisers of the charity event at Braunton Athletics Track, which will see walkers and runners of all ages completing lap
MAKE a difference in the battle against cancer and join the annual Relay for Life in Braunton this weekend.
That is the message from organisers of the charity event at Braunton Athletics Track, which will see walkers and runners of all ages completing laps of the track to raise money and awareness for Cancer Research UK.
It opens at 2pm on Saturday with a lap of honour by cancer survivors and into the evening there will be laps by various teams, many with a theme.
All are welcome to simply turn up and take part.
You may also want to watch:
In what is an emotional event, at 9.30pm 400 candle bags lit around the track, many dedicated to those lost to cancer.
Saturday will also see live bands, dancing displays and singing, plus the popular Miss Relay for men.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 7 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
Walking goes on throughout the night and it continues on Sunday - with special children's events - until 12 noon, when Ilfracombe's Town Crier will officially close the relay.
For enquiries, call (01271) 815327 or to register a team, call 08716 412602. Or go to www.cancerresearchuk.org/relay/venues/braunton.