Take part in Braunton's Relay for Life this weekend
MAKE a difference in the battle against cancer and join the annual Relay for Life in Braunton this weekend. That is the message from organisers of the charity event at Braunton Athletics Track, which will see walkers and runners of all ages completing lap
MAKE a difference in the battle against cancer and join the annual Relay for Life in Braunton this weekend.
That is the message from organisers of the charity event at Braunton Athletics Track, which will see walkers and runners of all ages completing laps of the track to raise money and awareness for Cancer Research UK.
It opens at 2pm on Saturday with a lap of honour by cancer survivors and into the evening there will be laps by various teams, many with a theme.
All are welcome to simply turn up and take part.
You may also want to watch:
In what is an emotional event, at 9.30pm 400 candle bags lit around the track, many dedicated to those lost to cancer.
Saturday will also see live bands, dancing displays and singing, plus the popular Miss Relay for men.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 3 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
Walking goes on throughout the night and it continues on Sunday - with special children's events - until 12 noon, when Ilfracombe's Town Crier will officially close the relay.
For enquiries, call (01271) 815327 or to register a team, call 08716 412602. Or go to www.cancerresearchuk.org/relay/venues/braunton.