Tai Chi and gym to aid recovery
NORTH Devon professionals have combined their expertise to provide a unique combination of Tai Chi and gym work to aid the rehabilitation of stroke survivors in the North Devon area. Fitness After Stroke combines the healing effects of tai chi and gym wo
NORTH Devon professionals have combined their expertise to provide a unique combination of Tai Chi and gym work to aid the rehabilitation of stroke survivors in the North Devon area.
Fitness After Stroke combines the healing effects of tai chi and gym work to improve the health, physical stability and wellbeing of stroke survivors.
The course is run over 10 weeks and is run by Vicky Allebone of the Stroke Association, local acupuncturist and Tai Chi instructor Dan Gorvett and John Reeves of the New Fitness Factory in Barnstaple.
A local business man who had suffered a stroke and benefited from the support he received has donated enough money for one course. Further funding has been provided by the Soroptomists in Devon and Sainsbury's, Barnstaple, who nominated the Barnstaple Stroke Support as their local charity for this year.
You may also want to watch:
John from the New Fitness Factory said: "There is an appropriate fitness plan for every person, no matter their age, ability or medical issues."
Vicky Allebone of the Stroke Association said: "In order to maximise the benefits of the course we ideally need volunteers to support participants with limited mobility. Whilst donations from individuals and businesses are essential we also really need willing, able bodied volunteers to support participants. You don't need to be super fit and will gain hugely from volunteering."
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
For further information, or to find out about how you can become a volunteer, call Vicky Allebone on 01271 378441 mobile 07717275746 or firstname.lastname@example.org