Tackling the Two Moors for Gary
- Credit: Archant
Charity trek to help raise money for Ilfracombe cancer sufferer.
A complete stranger is walking the 103 mile route of the Two Moors Way this bank holiday weekend to raise money for Ilfracombe cancer sufferer Gary Marshall.
When Jamie Stone heard about Gary’s bid to raise money to seek alternative treatment in Texas for a brain tumour doctors have pronounced terminal, he immediately offered to help.
Jamie heard the story via Belinda Harris, a North Devon friend of Gary and his wife Michele, on Facebook.
He will be setting off from Ivybridge on Saturday (May 25) and hopes to complete the walk by arriving in Lynmouth on Monday, May 27.
You may also want to watch:
Belinda’s daughter Briony is joining Jamie for the final Monday leg.
Jamie can be sponsored at www.justgiving.com/JamiesTwoMoorWayChallenge or donations can be made to Gary’s appeal via www.justgiving.com/Garys-Journey.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern