Tackling the Two Moors for Gary
- Credit: Archant
Charity trek to help raise money for Ilfracombe cancer sufferer.
A complete stranger is walking the 103 mile route of the Two Moors Way this bank holiday weekend to raise money for Ilfracombe cancer sufferer Gary Marshall.
When Jamie Stone heard about Gary’s bid to raise money to seek alternative treatment in Texas for a brain tumour doctors have pronounced terminal, he immediately offered to help.
Jamie heard the story via Belinda Harris, a North Devon friend of Gary and his wife Michele, on Facebook.
He will be setting off from Ivybridge on Saturday (May 25) and hopes to complete the walk by arriving in Lynmouth on Monday, May 27.
You may also want to watch:
Belinda’s daughter Briony is joining Jamie for the final Monday leg.
Jamie can be sponsored at www.justgiving.com/JamiesTwoMoorWayChallenge or donations can be made to Gary’s appeal via www.justgiving.com/Garys-Journey.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 6 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 10 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia