Swine flu - NHS releases video campaign
Following the outbreak of swine flu the NHS has released a short film to remind everyone how easily germs can be spread through everyday contact with other people. WATCH THE NHS VIDEO CAMPAIGN >>>WATCH THE NHS VIDEO CAMPAIGN >>>WATCH THE NHS VIDEO CAMPAIGN >>>WATCH THE NHS VIDEO CAMPAIGN >>>
Following the outbreak of swine flu the NHS has released a short film to remind everyone how easily germs can be spread through everyday contact with other people.
Preventing germs from spreading is the key health protection message from the NHS following the recent outbreak of swine flu in Mexico. Contagious viruses that spread from person to person can be kept in check by following simple hygiene steps.
The film also highlights the impact of poor hygiene on those with weaker immune systems, for example, babies and children.
The advice from the NHS is that preventing the spread of germs is the single most effective way to slow the spread of diseases like pandemic flu.
You may also want to watch:
You can protect yourself and your family by ensuring everyone washes their hands regularly with soap and water, and by cleaning surfaces regularly.
You can prevent a virus spreading to others by:
- 1 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities
- 10 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
* always carrying tissues
* using tissues to cover your mouth and nose when you cough and sneeze
* binning the tissues as soon as possible
* washing your hands regularly.
CATCH IT. BIN IT. KILL IT. is a simple way to remember this.