Swine flu - NHS releases video campaign
Following the outbreak of swine flu the NHS has released a short film to remind everyone how easily germs can be spread through everyday contact with other people. WATCH THE NHS VIDEO CAMPAIGN >>>WATCH THE NHS VIDEO CAMPAIGN >>>WATCH THE NHS VIDEO CAMPAIGN >>>WATCH THE NHS VIDEO CAMPAIGN >>>
Following the outbreak of swine flu the NHS has released a short film to remind everyone how easily germs can be spread through everyday contact with other people.
Preventing germs from spreading is the key health protection message from the NHS following the recent outbreak of swine flu in Mexico. Contagious viruses that spread from person to person can be kept in check by following simple hygiene steps.
The film also highlights the impact of poor hygiene on those with weaker immune systems, for example, babies and children.
The advice from the NHS is that preventing the spread of germs is the single most effective way to slow the spread of diseases like pandemic flu.
You may also want to watch:
You can protect yourself and your family by ensuring everyone washes their hands regularly with soap and water, and by cleaning surfaces regularly.
You can prevent a virus spreading to others by:
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
* always carrying tissues
* using tissues to cover your mouth and nose when you cough and sneeze
* binning the tissues as soon as possible
* washing your hands regularly.
CATCH IT. BIN IT. KILL IT. is a simple way to remember this.