Swimmers’ 24-hour stint for club
A swimming club will be completeing a 24-hour swim tomorrow to raise money and celebrate the reopening of a local pool.
A 24-HOUR swim will be taking place tomorrow (Wed) to raise money for the future of a swimming club.
More than 30 children from the Torridgeside Swimming Club will be taking part in the event, starting at 7am.
The swim will take place in the Torrington swimming pool to celebrate its reopening after 12 months of closure.
Finances have been tight for the club with the closure of the pool, so it is hoping the swim will help give them a financial boost.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in sponsoring the young swimmers can contact head coach Laura Bennett by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 07791964544.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes