Swimmers’ 24-hour stint for club
A swimming club will be completeing a 24-hour swim tomorrow to raise money and celebrate the reopening of a local pool.
A 24-HOUR swim will be taking place tomorrow (Wed) to raise money for the future of a swimming club.
More than 30 children from the Torridgeside Swimming Club will be taking part in the event, starting at 7am.
The swim will take place in the Torrington swimming pool to celebrate its reopening after 12 months of closure.
Finances have been tight for the club with the closure of the pool, so it is hoping the swim will help give them a financial boost.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in sponsoring the young swimmers can contact head coach Laura Bennett by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 07791964544.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 3 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 4 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 5 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 8 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl