Swimmers’ 24-hour stint for club
A swimming club will be completeing a 24-hour swim tomorrow to raise money and celebrate the reopening of a local pool.
A 24-HOUR swim will be taking place tomorrow (Wed) to raise money for the future of a swimming club.
More than 30 children from the Torridgeside Swimming Club will be taking part in the event, starting at 7am.
The swim will take place in the Torrington swimming pool to celebrate its reopening after 12 months of closure.
Finances have been tight for the club with the closure of the pool, so it is hoping the swim will help give them a financial boost.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in sponsoring the young swimmers can contact head coach Laura Bennett by emailing email@example.com or calling 07791964544.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 4 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 5 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 6 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 9 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality