Swimbridge pupils visit the Eco House
THE householders of tomorrow have been finding out what their future homes might look like with a tour around the Eco House at North Devon College. The nine and 10-year-old pupils from Swimbridge Primary School were given a guided tour of the house and it
THE householders of tomorrow have been finding out what their future homes might look like with a tour around the Eco House at North Devon College.
The nine and 10-year-old pupils from Swimbridge Primary School were given a guided tour of the house and its environmentally friendly technologies, donated to the college by Loosemore Chartered Building Company.
During their morning at the college the students were taught about the workings of solar panels, linking in with their science curriculum and prompting new thoughts on how renewable technologies could be used to improve every day life further.
Science Teacher, Mrs Jeffries accompanied the students and was delighted to have the opportunity for them to see real examples of a sustainable future, brining the science to life and making learning fun
You may also want to watch:
"Young people are not afraid of the problems that face us in the future, they just need our faith in them and for us to provide them with a learning environment that will give them the tools to solve the problems," she said.
North Devon College is keen to use the Eco House to help support and develop school projects, so any schools or groups for young people interested in bringing them to look around the house, are invited to contact Edwina Stevenson on (01271) 338058.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 3 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 4 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 5 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 6 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 9 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 10 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon