Sweet treats from the Dolly Mixtures
- Credit: Archant
Accordion playing pensioners hit the right notes for cancer charity.
ACCORDION playing pensioners The Dolly Mixtures have donated £250 to the Breast Cancer Campaign.
The musical trio boasts a combined age of 220 years – but that hasn’t slowed a busy winter performing at venues in Barnstaple, Bideford and beyond.
Ann Huxtable, Pat Clarke and Sue Doncaster all took up the instrument in retirement and have only been playing together since 2012.
Ann said: “We are always impressed by the kind generosity of our audiences that have included Roundswell Diabetic Club; Northam Woman’s Fellowship; Springfield Day Centre; Marlborough Court; Landkey Village Hall; St John’s Ambulance Barnstaple; and Bideford Blind Club to name but a few.”
You may also want to watch:
Any groups or venues that would like the group to play for them can Ann on 01237 479352.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 9 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 10 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course