Sweet treats from the Dolly Mixtures
- Credit: Archant
Accordion playing pensioners hit the right notes for cancer charity.
ACCORDION playing pensioners The Dolly Mixtures have donated £250 to the Breast Cancer Campaign.
The musical trio boasts a combined age of 220 years – but that hasn’t slowed a busy winter performing at venues in Barnstaple, Bideford and beyond.
Ann Huxtable, Pat Clarke and Sue Doncaster all took up the instrument in retirement and have only been playing together since 2012.
Ann said: “We are always impressed by the kind generosity of our audiences that have included Roundswell Diabetic Club; Northam Woman’s Fellowship; Springfield Day Centre; Marlborough Court; Landkey Village Hall; St John’s Ambulance Barnstaple; and Bideford Blind Club to name but a few.”
You may also want to watch:
Any groups or venues that would like the group to play for them can Ann on 01237 479352.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 3 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted
- 10 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate