Surprise stop at Bideford for Nowhere Island
The floating art project will berth at Bideford essential maintenance checks over the weekend.
The floating Nowhere Island art project will be entering the Torridge Estuary tonight (Fri) and is likely to berth at Bideford Quay.
The island will be pulled into the estuary by a tug and is expected to arrive at the quay around 11.30pm for essential maintenance checks over the weekend.
It is expected the island will be available for public viewing at some point early next week.
The island has been sheltering off the coast of Lundy Island today due to strong winds and stormy seas, after visiting Newquay yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
The project is due at Ilfracombe on September 1.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 4 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
- 8 Torridge councillors meet at AGM and re-elect councillor Ken James as Leader
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Fresh funds to continue rough sleeper support in North Devon