Surprise stop at Bideford for Nowhere Island
The floating art project will berth at Bideford essential maintenance checks over the weekend.
The floating Nowhere Island art project will be entering the Torridge Estuary tonight (Fri) and is likely to berth at Bideford Quay.
The island will be pulled into the estuary by a tug and is expected to arrive at the quay around 11.30pm for essential maintenance checks over the weekend.
It is expected the island will be available for public viewing at some point early next week.
The island has been sheltering off the coast of Lundy Island today due to strong winds and stormy seas, after visiting Newquay yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
The project is due at Ilfracombe on September 1.
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes