Surprise stop at Bideford for Nowhere Island
The floating art project will berth at Bideford essential maintenance checks over the weekend.
The floating Nowhere Island art project will be entering the Torridge Estuary tonight (Fri) and is likely to berth at Bideford Quay.
The island will be pulled into the estuary by a tug and is expected to arrive at the quay around 11.30pm for essential maintenance checks over the weekend.
It is expected the island will be available for public viewing at some point early next week.
The island has been sheltering off the coast of Lundy Island today due to strong winds and stormy seas, after visiting Newquay yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
The project is due at Ilfracombe on September 1.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 7 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 8 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality