Surf museum launches volunteer programme
The museum in Braunton is looking for enthusiastic individuals to help out at Europe’s only surf museum.
THE Museum of British Surfing is looking for surfing enthusiasts to join its newly established volunteer programme.
The opportunity is open to anyone looking for work experience or hoping to get a foot on the charity or surf industry ladder.
Based in Braunton, the museum has had more than 6,000 visitors since it opened in April.
Founder and director Pete Robinson said: “Whether you’re a student looking to gain valuable work experience, a professional looking to give something back to community projects, or actively looking to get your foot on the charity or surf industry ladder, this opportunity is tailor-made for you.”
You may also want to watch:
The museum boasts the most extensive and historically significant collection of vintage surfboards, literature and memorabilia on public display and for academic research in Europe.
It staged temporary exhibitions all over the UK from 2003 that have been seen by more than 350,000 people before becoming a registered charity and finding its permanent home in North Devon.
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
Individuals must be able to spare at least three hours a week and should submit their CV and covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Museum of British Surfing, The Yard, Caen Street, Braunton, North Devon EX33 1AA.
For more information visit: www.museumofbritishsurfing.org.uk.