Surf club's competition at Woolacombe
BRISTOL Surf Club will be hosting its very first open competition to be held at Mill Rock, Woolacombe, with the support of the National Trust and Europe s most famous surf, skate and music festival, Relentless Boardmasters. The strictly-for-fun event will
BRISTOL Surf Club will be hosting its very first open competition to be held at Mill Rock, Woolacombe, with the support of the National Trust and Europe's most famous surf, skate and music festival, Relentless Boardmasters.
The strictly-for-fun event will take place on Saturday, May 29 and will consist of competitions to suit surfers of all abilities, from the experienced to enthusiastic amateurs in the Rookie Division, perfect for anyone with less than four years' experience.
All entrants will be in with the chance to win the top prize - two weekend and camping tickets, to this year's Relentless Boardmasters' in association with Vans, worth over �160. The festival takes place on August 6-7.
Trophies and other hot prizes will also be up for grabs, donated from Loose Fit, Braunton and Beach Shack, Bristol These will be awarded by three times' national champion, Robyn Davies, who will also be overseeing and taking part in the event.
You may also want to watch:
There will be four main divisions: Open, Ladies, Rookie and Longboards, plus a Swell board expression session; judged on the single most creative move. .
The event is open to both members and non-members. The entry fee is �5 for members and �7.50 for non-members. Start time is 9am.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 10 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
"The main aim of our club is to get active people who love the sea, environment and the great outdoors, surfing. We are really excited about this competition as it will celebrate the whole ethos behind our club and get surfers of all abilities together in a fun, friendly event," said Pete Wilkins, the Bristol Surf Club chairman.
For further information on Bristol Surf Club please contact Pete Wilkins (Chairman) on 07734 809385