Supporters rose to the challenge
SIR - Through your newspaper may I thank the people of North Devon for supporting my recent challenge to raise as much money as I could for breast cancer charities? I am so pleased to say that with a little help from my friends involved in the Totally Ol
SIR - Through your newspaper may I thank the people of North Devon for supporting my recent challenge to raise as much money as I could for breast cancer charities?
I am so pleased to say that with a little help from my friends involved in the Totally Olivia Tour, �9,000 was raised and has now been divided equally between the Olivia Newton-John Cancer and Wellness Appeal, Full Speed 2 a Cure and Cure Breast Cancer. The cheques have been sent and the bank account is empty and ready for future fundraising events.
Now that the JCF is established we will carry on raising money for good causes, but for the moment the money will stay in the foundation account until there is a reasonable amount in there. It is my wish that the money be used for smaller grants for example a playgroup may need a piece of equipment costing say �100 so they would apply to the foundation for a grant to pay for it. Similarly a terminally ill child may want to visit Disneyland and although the foundation may not pay for the whole trip, the family may pay for half and the foundation could pay for the other half.
A sample of projects to raise money for the foundation currently underway are: a sponsored skydive, a musical evening at the Big Sheep, a sponsored fun run, a Twilight Halloween Ball, an Amazon hike through the rainforest.
You may also want to watch:
We would like to continue to raise money to help those who can't help themselves and maybe fill the gap where grants from organisations such as the National Lottery are too cumbersome for smaller groups to apply for.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 3 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 4 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 5 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
Chairman of the Jaden Cornelious Foundation