Supporters rose to the challenge
SIR - Through your newspaper may I thank the people of North Devon for supporting my recent challenge to raise as much money as I could for breast cancer charities? I am so pleased to say that with a little help from my friends involved in the Totally Ol
SIR - Through your newspaper may I thank the people of North Devon for supporting my recent challenge to raise as much money as I could for breast cancer charities?
I am so pleased to say that with a little help from my friends involved in the Totally Olivia Tour, �9,000 was raised and has now been divided equally between the Olivia Newton-John Cancer and Wellness Appeal, Full Speed 2 a Cure and Cure Breast Cancer. The cheques have been sent and the bank account is empty and ready for future fundraising events.
Now that the JCF is established we will carry on raising money for good causes, but for the moment the money will stay in the foundation account until there is a reasonable amount in there. It is my wish that the money be used for smaller grants for example a playgroup may need a piece of equipment costing say �100 so they would apply to the foundation for a grant to pay for it. Similarly a terminally ill child may want to visit Disneyland and although the foundation may not pay for the whole trip, the family may pay for half and the foundation could pay for the other half.
A sample of projects to raise money for the foundation currently underway are: a sponsored skydive, a musical evening at the Big Sheep, a sponsored fun run, a Twilight Halloween Ball, an Amazon hike through the rainforest.
You may also want to watch:
We would like to continue to raise money to help those who can't help themselves and maybe fill the gap where grants from organisations such as the National Lottery are too cumbersome for smaller groups to apply for.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 3 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 4 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 5 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 6 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 7 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 8 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
- 9 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 10 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
Chairman of the Jaden Cornelious Foundation