Support the RNLI this SOS Day
People in North Devon urged to support their local stations as the charity stages its big annual fund raiser on January 27.
VOLUNTEER RNLI crews are urging supporters to get behind SOS Day 2012, the charity’s biggest fundraising event of the year.
The majority of funds raised on Friday, January 27 will go towards new state of the art lifejackets at all 35 RNLI lifeboat stations in the region.
It has become something of a tradition with supporters doing their best to come up with variations of the letters SOS to create fun events from “Sizzle Our Sausages” barbecues to “Soap Our Saloons” car washes.
In North Devon on Friday, January 27 Appledore RNLI will invite supporters to join them at the lifeboat station to find out more about what they do and enjoy some Sausages Or Soup.
You may also want to watch:
There will be an Open Day at the Ilfracombe lifeboat station, followed by a joint Soap Our Saloons car wash with the RNLI lifeguards at their Area Support Centre on Mullacott Trading Estate, with refreshments and the opportunity to view some of the lifesaving equipment used on the beaches throughout the summer.
After which people can let their hair down at a Sixties Or Seventies disco at the Lantern Centre, with a buffet and “bring your own booze” for �5.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 5 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 9 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
For more information on how to get involved in SOS Day or to find out more about local events, visit www.rnli.org.uk/sos.