Support the RNLI this SOS Day
People in North Devon urged to support their local stations as the charity stages its big annual fund raiser on January 27.
VOLUNTEER RNLI crews are urging supporters to get behind SOS Day 2012, the charity’s biggest fundraising event of the year.
The majority of funds raised on Friday, January 27 will go towards new state of the art lifejackets at all 35 RNLI lifeboat stations in the region.
It has become something of a tradition with supporters doing their best to come up with variations of the letters SOS to create fun events from “Sizzle Our Sausages” barbecues to “Soap Our Saloons” car washes.
In North Devon on Friday, January 27 Appledore RNLI will invite supporters to join them at the lifeboat station to find out more about what they do and enjoy some Sausages Or Soup.
You may also want to watch:
There will be an Open Day at the Ilfracombe lifeboat station, followed by a joint Soap Our Saloons car wash with the RNLI lifeguards at their Area Support Centre on Mullacott Trading Estate, with refreshments and the opportunity to view some of the lifesaving equipment used on the beaches throughout the summer.
After which people can let their hair down at a Sixties Or Seventies disco at the Lantern Centre, with a buffet and “bring your own booze” for �5.
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 5 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 6 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 7 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 8 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 9 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 10 Tesco launches ‘Buy One to Help A Child’ in North Devon
For more information on how to get involved in SOS Day or to find out more about local events, visit www.rnli.org.uk/sos.