Support the Chemo Appeal at Barnstaple M&S
Get down to the Barnstaple M&S store today (Friday) and on Saturday for cocktails, activities and hamper prize draw to raise �10,000 for the North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal.
SHOPPERS have been urged to call in at the Barnstaple Marks and Spencer store throughout this weekend as staff bid to raise a mammoth �10,000 for the North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal.
It all kicked of this morning (Friday) with as staff clad in appeal purple hosted a range of activities including a cocktail bar and waiter, food tastings plus an M&S hamper prize draw, Halloween colouring competitions for children and more prize giveaways.
The events are running throughout Friday and Saturday as the store bids to reach its target of �10,000 in one weekend.
Former Lantern FM DJ Gary Penfold will be keeping the party atmosphere going with live in-store entertainment, while the cocktail bar, run by local bar Shintori, will be staging cocktail demonstrations as well as the chance to sample and purchase the result.
You may also want to watch:
“We are encouraging all our customers to come and support us over the weekend,” said store manager Kate Sharp.
“The Northern Devon Health Care Chemotherapy Appeal continues to provide essential life saving treatment to local people everyday, and is our nominated store charity.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 6 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities
“Many of our employees and customers know someone or have been affected by cancer themselves.”