Support group ran cafe for hospice at book fair
SIR - I would like to take this opportunity to thank the amazing volunteers who are part of North Devon Hospice’s Riverside Support Group. They tirelessly raise funds with such enthusiasm and organisation - they are a credit to the hospice and the Bideford area from which they hail.
Their latest venture was to run a caf� throughout the whole of the Appledore Book Festival. Lasting over a week, they opened every day, to produce homemade refreshments for the festival-goers which went down exceptionally well.
All this time and effort yielded an incredible �1,750 for North Devon Hospice. That is a wonderful achievement. Thank you to all who were involved, whether that was baking cakes, serving teas or even those who ate in the caf� throughout the week.
The money raised will go towards our specialist care for patients, families and carers throughout North Devon who are suffering from the impact of a life-threatening illness. All our services are provided completely free of charge, but it costs over �3m a year to care in this way. We are reliant upon the amazing generosity of the North Devon community, and your support does make a real difference to the lives of local people.
You may also want to watch:
North Devon Hospice
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety