Support group ran cafe for hospice at book fair
SIR - I would like to take this opportunity to thank the amazing volunteers who are part of North Devon Hospice’s Riverside Support Group. They tirelessly raise funds with such enthusiasm and organisation - they are a credit to the hospice and the Bideford area from which they hail.
Their latest venture was to run a caf� throughout the whole of the Appledore Book Festival. Lasting over a week, they opened every day, to produce homemade refreshments for the festival-goers which went down exceptionally well.
All this time and effort yielded an incredible �1,750 for North Devon Hospice. That is a wonderful achievement. Thank you to all who were involved, whether that was baking cakes, serving teas or even those who ate in the caf� throughout the week.
The money raised will go towards our specialist care for patients, families and carers throughout North Devon who are suffering from the impact of a life-threatening illness. All our services are provided completely free of charge, but it costs over �3m a year to care in this way. We are reliant upon the amazing generosity of the North Devon community, and your support does make a real difference to the lives of local people.
You may also want to watch:
North Devon Hospice
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 3 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 4 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 5 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 8 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 9 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 10 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses