Support group ran cafe for hospice at book fair
SIR - I would like to take this opportunity to thank the amazing volunteers who are part of North Devon Hospice’s Riverside Support Group. They tirelessly raise funds with such enthusiasm and organisation - they are a credit to the hospice and the Bideford area from which they hail.
Their latest venture was to run a caf� throughout the whole of the Appledore Book Festival. Lasting over a week, they opened every day, to produce homemade refreshments for the festival-goers which went down exceptionally well.
All this time and effort yielded an incredible �1,750 for North Devon Hospice. That is a wonderful achievement. Thank you to all who were involved, whether that was baking cakes, serving teas or even those who ate in the caf� throughout the week.
The money raised will go towards our specialist care for patients, families and carers throughout North Devon who are suffering from the impact of a life-threatening illness. All our services are provided completely free of charge, but it costs over �3m a year to care in this way. We are reliant upon the amazing generosity of the North Devon community, and your support does make a real difference to the lives of local people.
North Devon Hospice
- 1 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 2 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 3 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 4 OPINION: Support North Devon's fantastic live music venues - Andy McAuley
- 5 Police seek owner of bike found after car stolen in Barnstaple
- 6 OPINION: Channel your inner Wim Hof in Saunton this weekend
- 7 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 8 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 9 Barnstaple shop volunteer Jo wins Flame of Hope Award
- 10 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant