Support for small businesses
BIDEFORD-based North Devon Plus is one of two Devon business support companies appointed to help Devon County Council develop its pilot ‘work hub’ programme.
North Devon Plus and BIP of Okehampton will deliver business support to applicants who are competing for grants of up to �90,000 to develop flexible work spaces for micro-enterprises and home-based workers in Barnstaple and Totnes.
The county council, with part-funding from the Department for Transport, has �180,000 available to support the development of these work hubs as part of a pilot strategy to create a network across the county to support micro-enterprises and home-based workers.
Organisations in each town have been asked to register their intention to apply for a grant and now have to submit proposals as part of a competitive process.
Grants of up to �75,000 are available to fund capital costs and a further revenue grant of up to �15,000 to help cover running costs as the work hub gets off the ground.
You may also want to watch:
Seven expressions of interest have been expressed for Barnstaple.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 7 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 8 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses