Support for small businesses
BIDEFORD-based North Devon Plus is one of two Devon business support companies appointed to help Devon County Council develop its pilot ‘work hub’ programme.
North Devon Plus and BIP of Okehampton will deliver business support to applicants who are competing for grants of up to �90,000 to develop flexible work spaces for micro-enterprises and home-based workers in Barnstaple and Totnes.
The county council, with part-funding from the Department for Transport, has �180,000 available to support the development of these work hubs as part of a pilot strategy to create a network across the county to support micro-enterprises and home-based workers.
Organisations in each town have been asked to register their intention to apply for a grant and now have to submit proposals as part of a competitive process.
Grants of up to �75,000 are available to fund capital costs and a further revenue grant of up to �15,000 to help cover running costs as the work hub gets off the ground.
You may also want to watch:
Seven expressions of interest have been expressed for Barnstaple.
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director