Support for small businesses
BIDEFORD-based North Devon Plus is one of two Devon business support companies appointed to help Devon County Council develop its pilot ‘work hub’ programme.
North Devon Plus and BIP of Okehampton will deliver business support to applicants who are competing for grants of up to �90,000 to develop flexible work spaces for micro-enterprises and home-based workers in Barnstaple and Totnes.
The county council, with part-funding from the Department for Transport, has �180,000 available to support the development of these work hubs as part of a pilot strategy to create a network across the county to support micro-enterprises and home-based workers.
Organisations in each town have been asked to register their intention to apply for a grant and now have to submit proposals as part of a competitive process.
Grants of up to �75,000 are available to fund capital costs and a further revenue grant of up to �15,000 to help cover running costs as the work hub gets off the ground.
You may also want to watch:
Seven expressions of interest have been expressed for Barnstaple.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council