Support for campaign to stop Chivenor cuts
SIR - Story: Helicopter campaign to stop Chivenor cuts I strongly support this campaign and call on everyone to demonstrate their steadfast support. It is such a disgrace that this fight, to save such a vital service, has to take place at all! Unfortun
SIR - Story: Helicopter campaign to stop Chivenor cuts
I strongly support this campaign and call on everyone to demonstrate their steadfast support.
It is such a disgrace that this fight, to save such a vital service, has to take place at all!
Unfortunately, it is yet another example of this Government's mismanagement of services and money, not to mention its obvious lack of common sense.
You may also want to watch:
The dedicated men and women of Chivenor perform an invaluable service for locals and tourists alike - without their prompt 24-hour response many lives WILL be put at risk - half an hour can make the difference between a life saved or a life lost.
What next? Will our Government expect people to wait half an hour for the 999 emergency services?
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 10 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
The mercy dash to the flood victims in Cockermouth by our tireless Chivenor crew, in the early hours of the morning, only goes to prove that Chivenor's life-saving service MUST NOT be cut to 12 hours - disasters don't wait to happen during the day!
I call on everyone to demonstrate their support for the " Save Chivenor" campaign, and to demonstrate to this Government that it has got it very, very wrong - saving money should NEVER be put before saving lives. I think the people of Cumbria would whole-heartedly agree.
Nigel Vidler, Barnstaple.