Support Calvert Trust in People’s Millions grant bid
- Credit: Archant
North Devon urged to get ready for the big telephone vote on Monday of next week (November 25).
PEOPLE across North Devon are being reminded to get their dialling fingers ready on today (Monday) to vote for Calvert Trust Exmoor in the 2013 Peoples Millions contest.
The telephone voting number will not be revealed until 9am that morning and the charity near Blackmoor Gate is hoping for as many votes as possible to enable it to win a £50,000 grant.
It is competing against the Beckly Sensations project at Plymouth after both were shortlisted for the annual awards held in partnership between ITV and the Big Lottery.
The Calvert Trust runs outward bound activities such as horse riding, sailing and climbing for people with disabilities, their families and carers.
You may also want to watch:
A short film about Calvert Trust Exmoor titled Uniting Families with Disabilities will be aired during the ITV evening news.
The charity aims to use the money if it wins to provide bursary funds to help South West families with a disabled child to take a break, and secondly to improve its water sports facilities to be even more accessible.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 4 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 9 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 10 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
To get the number as soon as possible on the day, ‘like’ the Calvert Trust Exmoor Facebook page at www.facebook.com/CTExmoor, follow on twitter @calvertExmoor, or email email@example.com