Support Calvert Trust in People’s Millions grant bid
- Credit: Archant
North Devon urged to get ready for the big telephone vote on Monday of next week (November 25).
PEOPLE across North Devon are being reminded to get their dialling fingers ready on today (Monday) to vote for Calvert Trust Exmoor in the 2013 Peoples Millions contest.
The telephone voting number will not be revealed until 9am that morning and the charity near Blackmoor Gate is hoping for as many votes as possible to enable it to win a £50,000 grant.
It is competing against the Beckly Sensations project at Plymouth after both were shortlisted for the annual awards held in partnership between ITV and the Big Lottery.
The Calvert Trust runs outward bound activities such as horse riding, sailing and climbing for people with disabilities, their families and carers.
You may also want to watch:
A short film about Calvert Trust Exmoor titled Uniting Families with Disabilities will be aired during the ITV evening news.
The charity aims to use the money if it wins to provide bursary funds to help South West families with a disabled child to take a break, and secondly to improve its water sports facilities to be even more accessible.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
To get the number as soon as possible on the day, ‘like’ the Calvert Trust Exmoor Facebook page at www.facebook.com/CTExmoor, follow on twitter @calvertExmoor, or email email@example.com