Sun set to shine on famous old fair
Forecast looks good for a week of traditional fun and games in Chulmleigh this week.
CHULMLEIGH Old Fair gets under way tomorrow evening (Tuesday), with a traditional crowning ceremony and money scramble.
Chulmleigh Community College student Molly Sharples, 12, will perform the role as fair queen, joined by attendants Amy Pinkett and Amie Smith, crown bearer Katy Pinkett, and herald Ben Elston.
As boys of a suitable age were not available to take the role of chief herald, the honour goes to Jessamine Vile, whose responsibility it will be to carry the famous white gauntlet in the procession from the parish church to the town hall at 6.30pm.
Children’s races and dancing will follow the crowning and money scramble.
You may also want to watch:
Main fair day takes pace on Wednesday with a country market, sheep show, produce show and dog show among all the entertainment planned.
More events are planned throughout the week, including a carnival on Saturday, starting at 2pm.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 4 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe