Summer sports programme about to start in North Devon
THE popular North Devon Council summer Supersport programme is about to kick off. This year s programme offers four weeks of sporting activities during August with something for everyone to enjoy and to suit all budgets. The activities are for children
THE popular North Devon Council summer Supersport programme is about to kick off.
This year's programme offers four weeks of sporting activities during August with something for everyone to enjoy and to suit all budgets. The activities are for children and young people up to the age of 15 and are led by qualified coaches.
Things on offer include adventure days, cycling, surfing, pony riding, tennis and street dance with some having a limited number of places so parents are advised to book soon to avoid disappointment.
Councillor Dick Jones, Lead Member for Community and Leisure, said: "The Supersport programme is a brilliant opportunity to make the most of the summer holidays, get outside and try something new.
You may also want to watch:
"The programme for this year is packed full of different activities so there is something for everyone to enjoy. This is just one of the different schemes that North Devon Council offers during the year to encourage the residents of North Devon to lead active and healthy lifestyles."
For more information and to book a place on any of the activities visit North Devon Council's website www.northdevon.gov.uk/supersport
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 6 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 7 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 8 Meet former Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo in Barnstaple
- 9 Barnstaple Waterstones to host first event since March 2020
- 10 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station