Summer sports programme about to start in North Devon
THE popular North Devon Council summer Supersport programme is about to kick off. This year s programme offers four weeks of sporting activities during August with something for everyone to enjoy and to suit all budgets. The activities are for children
THE popular North Devon Council summer Supersport programme is about to kick off.
This year's programme offers four weeks of sporting activities during August with something for everyone to enjoy and to suit all budgets. The activities are for children and young people up to the age of 15 and are led by qualified coaches.
Things on offer include adventure days, cycling, surfing, pony riding, tennis and street dance with some having a limited number of places so parents are advised to book soon to avoid disappointment.
Councillor Dick Jones, Lead Member for Community and Leisure, said: "The Supersport programme is a brilliant opportunity to make the most of the summer holidays, get outside and try something new.
You may also want to watch:
"The programme for this year is packed full of different activities so there is something for everyone to enjoy. This is just one of the different schemes that North Devon Council offers during the year to encourage the residents of North Devon to lead active and healthy lifestyles."
For more information and to book a place on any of the activities visit North Devon Council's website www.northdevon.gov.uk/supersport
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 3 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 4 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 5 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
- 6 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 7 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon