Time is slow, life is lazy,
A picturesque scene
just a little bit hazy.
Green hills shared with country lanes,
Deep valleys awash by summer rains,
You may also want to watch:
Moorland and heather that stretch to the sky,
Grasslands and meadows where buzzards fly.
- 1 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 2 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 3 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 4 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 5 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 6 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 7 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 8 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 9 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 10 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
Mother Nature forever giving,
To plants and fauna displaying living,
Spectacular scenery where rivers run free,
Magnificent cliffs that fall to the sea.
All over North Devon glorious splendour
Where beauty transcends to a soulful agenda,
Tranquil and still in any direction,
This natural world steeped in perfection.
A place fo wonder
While summer holds sway,
For all points of the compass
To where the two rivers lay.
Inspired by dreaming of summertime on a cold and wet December day.