Time is slow, life is lazy,
A picturesque scene
just a little bit hazy.
Green hills shared with country lanes,
Deep valleys awash by summer rains,
Moorland and heather that stretch to the sky,
Grasslands and meadows where buzzards fly.
- 1 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 2 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 3 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 4 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 5 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 6 Together we can look forward to 2022
- 7 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 8 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 9 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 10 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
Mother Nature forever giving,
To plants and fauna displaying living,
Spectacular scenery where rivers run free,
Magnificent cliffs that fall to the sea.
All over North Devon glorious splendour
Where beauty transcends to a soulful agenda,
Tranquil and still in any direction,
This natural world steeped in perfection.
A place fo wonder
While summer holds sway,
For all points of the compass
To where the two rivers lay.
Inspired by dreaming of summertime on a cold and wet December day.