Summer opportunity for young people
Limited places are available on this summer programme for young people.
YOUNG people are being urged to sign up for a summer programme that will see them face new challenges and learn useful skills.
The 6-week National Citizen Service (NCS) South West programme will allow year 11 students in Bideford to develop their own social action project working with the local community.
Amy Sands, the programme co-ordinator in Bideford, said: “By volunteering and signing up for NCS, young people aren’t just working on a project, there’s much more to it than that.
“They are helping to change the perceptions of young people today and helping to build a more inclusive society where young people are seen as active participants in their communities.
You may also want to watch:
“More than this though they are helping themselves, building their own confidence and developing employability skills and showing commitment; exactly what employers are after when they are looking to give a young person that job.”
Those who wish to apply for the programme will need to raise �50 in sponsorship, which will allow them to experience a week-long outdoor residential followed by a second week developing their project.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 4 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 5 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 8 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
If you are interested in one of the limited places, then visit www.ncssouthwest.co.uk or call Jane on 01626 356720.