Summer open gardens for North Devon Hospice
- Credit: Archant
Gardens galore on Sunday, August 18, plus more to come.
GARDENS will be opening their gates across the region this Sunday to raise money for North Devon Hospice.
Chulmleigh Open Garden Safari will see 20 individual gardens open around the village from 1-6pm, with cream teas and refreshments available. Tickets are £5 and for more information call Claire Withers on 01769 580019.
The Old Rectory at South Molton is open from 2-4.30pm, with wonderful gardens to explore, cream teas and cakes. Try croquet on the immaculate lawns, plus face painting, teddy tombola and fundraising raffle on the day. Admission £2.50, under 14s free.
Subtropical plants including bananas and palms will be on offer at 32 Allenstyle Drive at Yelland from 11am-5pm. Light refreshments available, sorry no dogs. Adults £3.50, under 12s free.
You may also want to watch:
Chapel Farm House at Halwill Junction near Beaworthy is open from 11am-5pm and again on September 22.
On October 5 there is an open garden at the Downes, Bideford, from 11am-5pm, plus a Garden Lecture by Nigel Alford, head gardener at Hartland Abbey. Call 07760 887553 to book.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
“We are so grateful to the gardens that are opening up to the public in aid of their local hospice,” said Ali Hunt from North Devon Hospice.
“There are some hidden gems that you would otherwise never get the chance to see. We would love to hear from others who would like to hold an open garden in aid of their local hospice.
To find out more about opening your garden call Ali Hunt on 01271 347206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.