Summer cruising on historic ships from Ilfracombe
BOOKINGS are now being taken for 2010 sailings aboard the historic ships Waverley & Balmoral – and if you book before April 16 you can enjoy your day out at last year s prices! Both ships are magnificently restored and Waverley was recently nominated by
BOOKINGS are now being taken for 2010 sailings aboard the historic ships Waverley & Balmoral - and if you book before April 16 you can enjoy your day out at last year's prices!
Both ships are magnificently restored and Waverley was recently nominated by the Sunday Times as a Top 3 Nostalgic Journey in the World.
On June 5, June 13 and June 16 step aboard Paddle Steamer Waverley at Ilfracombe Harbour for a cruise to Lundy Island, the well-known nature reserve! See the large variety of birds and sea life or walk along the Island path to the top for refreshments in the Marisco Tavern.
Or enjoy a cruise of the Exmoor coast on June 11, June 15 and June 19, viewing some of the most magnificent coastal scenery in the whole of England!
You may also want to watch:
Balmoral offers regular sailings throughout July, August and September, giving a fantastic variety from short cruises of the Exmoor and Atlantic Coast to full day cruises to Lundy Island.
New for 2010 on July 11, is a sail round Lundy Island. Passengers can also sail aboard Balmoral for a grand day cruise to Padstow in Cornwall on July 9.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 5 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 6 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 7 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 8 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 9 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 10 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
Captain Andy O'Brian, Waverley's Captain said: "We are delighted to offer passengers the chance of sailing round Lundy Island this year and also a fantastic cruise to Padstow! There is no better way to spend the day than relaxing on deck and watching the spectacular scenery slip by. "
Waverley and Balmoral have excellent onboard facilities including a restaurant, two bars, heated lounges, and souvenir shop.
To receive a brochure or book tickets call the Booking Office on 0845 130 4647 or find out more and Book Online at www.waverleyexcursions.co.uk