Summer cruising on historic ships from Ilfracombe
BOOKINGS are now being taken for 2010 sailings aboard the historic ships Waverley & Balmoral – and if you book before April 16 you can enjoy your day out at last year s prices! Both ships are magnificently restored and Waverley was recently nominated by
BOOKINGS are now being taken for 2010 sailings aboard the historic ships Waverley & Balmoral - and if you book before April 16 you can enjoy your day out at last year's prices!
Both ships are magnificently restored and Waverley was recently nominated by the Sunday Times as a Top 3 Nostalgic Journey in the World.
On June 5, June 13 and June 16 step aboard Paddle Steamer Waverley at Ilfracombe Harbour for a cruise to Lundy Island, the well-known nature reserve! See the large variety of birds and sea life or walk along the Island path to the top for refreshments in the Marisco Tavern.
Or enjoy a cruise of the Exmoor coast on June 11, June 15 and June 19, viewing some of the most magnificent coastal scenery in the whole of England!
You may also want to watch:
Balmoral offers regular sailings throughout July, August and September, giving a fantastic variety from short cruises of the Exmoor and Atlantic Coast to full day cruises to Lundy Island.
New for 2010 on July 11, is a sail round Lundy Island. Passengers can also sail aboard Balmoral for a grand day cruise to Padstow in Cornwall on July 9.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 9 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton
Captain Andy O'Brian, Waverley's Captain said: "We are delighted to offer passengers the chance of sailing round Lundy Island this year and also a fantastic cruise to Padstow! There is no better way to spend the day than relaxing on deck and watching the spectacular scenery slip by. "
Waverley and Balmoral have excellent onboard facilities including a restaurant, two bars, heated lounges, and souvenir shop.
To receive a brochure or book tickets call the Booking Office on 0845 130 4647 or find out more and Book Online at www.waverleyexcursions.co.uk