Summer activities on Northam Burrrows
A VARIETY of free events have been planned on Northam Burrows this summer. Head ranger Shawn Corin and his team will be running events for children throughout the summer holidays, including a treasure hunt, prehistoric themed crafts afternoon and a sandca
A VARIETY of free events have been planned on Northam Burrows this summer.
Head ranger Shawn Corin and his team will be running events for children throughout the summer holidays, including a treasure hunt, prehistoric themed crafts afternoon and a sandcastle and sculptures afternoon.
Walks and activities are free of charge, but there is a toll for vehicles entering the country park.
Children must be supervised by an adult and sensible footwear and clothing is required, especially for seashore activities.
You may also want to watch:
Events include: July 27 (2pm-4pm) Sensations Stroll - Use your senses to discover what the items are hidden around the Burrows; July 29 (2pm-4pm) Litter Bugs - Join the rangers and make your own creepy crawlies from litter and recyclable items; August 3 (2pm-4pm) Treasure Hunt - Find the pirates' hidden treasure by answering the clues that are placed around the Burrows; August 5 (2pm-4pm) Bird of Prey - Join the rangers to find out more about British birds of prey and make your own flying bird of prey; Aug 10 (2pm-4pm) Kite Making - Make your own flying kite with the rangers; Aug 17 (10.15am to 12.30pm) Burrows Bird Walk - Morning bird walk, led by a Devon Bird Watching Preservation Society representative; August 19 (2pm-4pm) Under the Sea - Join the rangers and make your own underwater world; August 26 (2pm-4pm) Weaving - Have a crafty afternoon making your own dreamcatcher out of driftwood and seashore objects. All these meet at the Burrows Centre.
For further details contact The Burrows Centre on (01237) 479708.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton