Summer activities at Barnstaple Museum
ENTERTAINMENT for the whole family is on offer at the Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon with a series of free, drop-in activities in the Play Day workshops over the next few weeks. The first one, Playing Games, runs on Wednesday, August 5 between 10a
ENTERTAINMENT for the whole family is on offer at the Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon with a series of free, drop-in activities in the Play Day workshops over the next few weeks.
The first one, Playing Games, runs on Wednesday, August 5 between 10am and 2pm. Traditional games and pastimes are the order of the day, with children and families getting together to play and rediscover toys and activities.
There will be the chance to make and construct playthings to take home, including an old fashioned cup and ball game, take to the skies and join in with a kite making workshop, create a piece of cross stitch, hold a tea party, and have a go at the museum quiz.
The fun for all the family continues throughout the summer with more Play Days running on August 12 and 19.
You may also want to watch:
Other summer activities at the Museum include the chance to make a sea creature out of recycled material in Monsters of the Deep this Wednesday and on Wednesday, August 26.
BBC Blast! present a workshop in media technology on Thursday, August 6 and another in dance, film, music and more on Friday, August 7.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 6 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 7 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 10 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
The re-opening of the Albert Clock on The Square will be celebrated on Saturday August 29, budding architects and engineers can have a go at making their own listed building out of paper on Saturday, September 12 as part of Heritage Open Days (www.heritageopendays.org.uk), and then join in with the fun on The Square for Barnstaple Carnival on Saturday, September 19.
The Museum is open from Mondays to Saturdays between 9.30am and 5pm, and entrance is free. For further details and information call the Museum on (01271) 34 67 47 or visit www.northdevonmuseum.org