SIR - As chairman of the Chittlehampton Village Hall Charity, I would like to take this opportunity of thanking everyone involved in making our recent fete such a successful and enjoyable event - those who helped put it all together (and take it down aft
SIR - As chairman of the Chittlehampton Village Hall Charity, I would like to take this opportunity of thanking everyone involved in making our recent fete such a successful and enjoyable event - those who helped put it all together (and take it down afterwards) and those who contributed both by way of donations, prizes and their time and hard work on the day.
Thanks, too, to those who came along and spent their money. We hope you all had a great time.
The accounts are still being completed, but when all bills are paid, we hope to break the �1,000 profit mark.
A word of thanks should also go to Councillor Joe Tucker, our guest of honour who officially opened the fete.
You may also want to watch:
While he is no longer our county councillor, the committee were delighted that he was able to accept their invitation in recognition of everything he has done for the village and all the hard work he has put in over the past four years.
Peter Bradshaw, Chittlehampton.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 6 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards