Successful Haiti appeal
SIR - The Rotary Club of Barnstaple would like to thank all those who gave so generously to our collection for the Shelterbox Haiti Appeal at the Guildhall last week. The amount collected by Rotarians and the members of the Inner wheel, when added to pri
SIR - The Rotary Club of Barnstaple would like to thank all those who gave so generously to our collection for the Shelterbox Haiti Appeal at the Guildhall last week.
The amount collected by Rotarians and the members of the Inner wheel, when added to private donations made to the club by local businesses and individuals, will provide sufficient money to purchase 30 ShelterBoxes the contents of which will provide shelter for 300 people.
Each box contains a disaster relief tent and blankets for up to 10 people, water purification equipment, a stove and cooking utensils and other items essential to survival.
Anyone who would like further information or a talk and demonstration of a ShelterBox please contact: Jerome Lyons phone: (01271) 323109
You may also want to watch:
President of the Rotary
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton
Club of Barnstaple