Success for Braunton’s Little Angels
THE first session of a new parent and toddler group in Braunton has proved such a success that there is already a waiting list.
An open day at the launch of the Little Angels group in St Brannocks Rooms on Friday, for parents with children aged from birth to four-years-old, attracted more people than organisers could have dreamed of.
The not-for-profit group has been allowed to use the parish church hall for free and was set up by local mum of four Kerry Tyas and run by a committee of volunteers.
“I was anticipating 10 to 15 families would turn up but in the end we had 43 parents and 50 children!” she said.
“It was really good – I was not expecting that many and it just proved to me that there was a need in the village for such a group on a Friday.
You may also want to watch:
“There was such a good take up that there is already a waiting list, but anyone interested is welcome to contact me and I will put their name down.”
The weekly sessions run from 9.45-11.15am during term time and give parents a chance to socialise and meet others while their children play. To put your name on the waiting list call Kerry Tyas on (01271) 813259.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened