Success for Braunton’s Little Angels
THE first session of a new parent and toddler group in Braunton has proved such a success that there is already a waiting list.
An open day at the launch of the Little Angels group in St Brannocks Rooms on Friday, for parents with children aged from birth to four-years-old, attracted more people than organisers could have dreamed of.
The not-for-profit group has been allowed to use the parish church hall for free and was set up by local mum of four Kerry Tyas and run by a committee of volunteers.
“I was anticipating 10 to 15 families would turn up but in the end we had 43 parents and 50 children!” she said.
“It was really good – I was not expecting that many and it just proved to me that there was a need in the village for such a group on a Friday.
You may also want to watch:
“There was such a good take up that there is already a waiting list, but anyone interested is welcome to contact me and I will put their name down.”
The weekly sessions run from 9.45-11.15am during term time and give parents a chance to socialise and meet others while their children play. To put your name on the waiting list call Kerry Tyas on (01271) 813259.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 7 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 8 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 9 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 10 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack