Success for Braunton’s Little Angels
THE first session of a new parent and toddler group in Braunton has proved such a success that there is already a waiting list.
An open day at the launch of the Little Angels group in St Brannocks Rooms on Friday, for parents with children aged from birth to four-years-old, attracted more people than organisers could have dreamed of.
The not-for-profit group has been allowed to use the parish church hall for free and was set up by local mum of four Kerry Tyas and run by a committee of volunteers.
“I was anticipating 10 to 15 families would turn up but in the end we had 43 parents and 50 children!” she said.
“It was really good – I was not expecting that many and it just proved to me that there was a need in the village for such a group on a Friday.
“There was such a good take up that there is already a waiting list, but anyone interested is welcome to contact me and I will put their name down.”
The weekly sessions run from 9.45-11.15am during term time and give parents a chance to socialise and meet others while their children play. To put your name on the waiting list call Kerry Tyas on (01271) 813259.
- 1 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 2 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 3 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 4 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 5 Specialist fire crews rescue horse trapped in ditch
- 6 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 7 North Devon Weekend Football Results
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 Refresh your New Year’s wardrobe by donating unwanted clothes for a good cause
- 10 Young carols singers do families proud on festive charity mission