Sub-post master faces fraud charge
Hartland man in court over Post Office’s ‘missing money’.
A FORMER sub-post master appeared in court on Thursday charged with fraud.
Jamie Dixon, 42, is alleged to have filed false accounts at Hartland Sub Post Office between January and August last year.
Dixon, who still lives at the Post Office in Fore Street, despite being dismissed by the company, has been charged in connection with ‘missing’ money totalling a little over �14,200.
Magistrate Michael Buckley said that in view of the amount of money involved, magistrates had insufficient powers to sentence the case.
You may also want to watch:
He adjourned the case for committal to Exeter Crown Court on June 14.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 8 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone