Sub-post master faces fraud charge
Hartland man in court over Post Office’s ‘missing money’.
A FORMER sub-post master appeared in court on Thursday charged with fraud.
Jamie Dixon, 42, is alleged to have filed false accounts at Hartland Sub Post Office between January and August last year.
Dixon, who still lives at the Post Office in Fore Street, despite being dismissed by the company, has been charged in connection with ‘missing’ money totalling a little over �14,200.
Magistrate Michael Buckley said that in view of the amount of money involved, magistrates had insufficient powers to sentence the case.
You may also want to watch:
He adjourned the case for committal to Exeter Crown Court on June 14.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 3 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 4 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 8 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 9 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 10 The Beggar's Opera - This week at the Queen's Theatre