Sub-post master faces fraud charge
Hartland man in court over Post Office’s ‘missing money’.
A FORMER sub-post master appeared in court on Thursday charged with fraud.
Jamie Dixon, 42, is alleged to have filed false accounts at Hartland Sub Post Office between January and August last year.
Dixon, who still lives at the Post Office in Fore Street, despite being dismissed by the company, has been charged in connection with ‘missing’ money totalling a little over �14,200.
Magistrate Michael Buckley said that in view of the amount of money involved, magistrates had insufficient powers to sentence the case.
You may also want to watch:
He adjourned the case for committal to Exeter Crown Court on June 14.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 4 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 9 Stars taking part in the Queen's Theatre's 2021 pantomime announced
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton