Sub-post master faces fraud charge
Hartland man in court over Post Office’s ‘missing money’.
A FORMER sub-post master appeared in court on Thursday charged with fraud.
Jamie Dixon, 42, is alleged to have filed false accounts at Hartland Sub Post Office between January and August last year.
Dixon, who still lives at the Post Office in Fore Street, despite being dismissed by the company, has been charged in connection with ‘missing’ money totalling a little over �14,200.
Magistrate Michael Buckley said that in view of the amount of money involved, magistrates had insufficient powers to sentence the case.
He adjourned the case for committal to Exeter Crown Court on June 14.
- 1 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 2 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 3 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 4 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 5 Covid-19 ventilation advice for North Devon landlords
- 6 OPINION: Is the property market still seasonal?
- 7 Refresh your New Year’s wardrobe by donating unwanted clothes for a good cause
- 8 Specialist fire crews rescue horse trapped in ditch
- 9 MP welcomes Sunak visit saying: 'More going on than just in Westminster bubble'
- 10 Man left with broken jaw and nose after Braunton assault