Stunning mosaic takes pride of place at North Devon’s new cancer and wellbeing centre
- Credit: Over and Above
A stunning mosaic has been unveiled at North Devon’s new Fern Cancer and Wellbeing Support Centre.
The mosaic has been created by local artist Jo Archer, who spent three months making the masterpiece.
Jo was approached by North Devon District Hospital’s cancer patient voice group chairman Owen Pryor and his wife Ann, who asked if she would make a nature based mosaic for the centre’s lounge area.
The mosaic, entitled The Tree of Life, has seen every piece of glass cut to shape and features around 3,000 pearls.
Jo said: “I’m so happy to have been able to do this for The Fern Centre and I do feel very honoured to have been asked to do something which I hope will always bring pleasure to those who visit for care and support.
You may also want to watch:
“The generosity of local people has been truly inspiring and I’m delighted to have been able to contribute a little too.”
Over and Above fundraiser Julie Whitton said: “The artwork is stunning. What is even more incredible is that Jo made it up as she went along which is amazing when you see the detail that has gone into it.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 3 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 4 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 5 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 6 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 7 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Roger McGough unveiled as Plough Poetry Prize judge
- 10 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
“Without doubt our patients and their families will enjoy it too. It will definitely take pride of place on the wall.”
The Fern Centre is now open to patients and their families with an appointment based service.
For more information, visit www.overandabove.org.uk/fern-centre