Studying the historic character of Braunton
Braunton conservation: North Devon Council is calling on local people to help conserve and protect Braunton’s unique character.
At a meeting of the Executive Committee, councillors agreed to adopt a Conservation Area Character Appraisal to look at what makes the historic character and appearance of the village special, with suggestions from council officers and local people.
The council wants the public to help by saying what they think of Braunton’s management plan, which sets out how to protect the area and its special characteristics, offering guidance when on planning applications.
Take part in the consultation from tomorrow (Thursday) by visiting www.northdevon-consult.limehouse.co.uk/portal.
It was also agreed to adopt conservation area plans for Bickington, Fremington and Fremington Quay, plus that West Down should be identified as a conservation area.
The Executive will now identify which existing conservation areas should be reviewed as well as potential new ones.
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 4 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 5 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 6 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 7 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 8 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 9 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 10 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far