Students undeterred by university fees
Bideford College students are still applying for university, with two receiving acceptance letters from Cambridge
BIDEFORD College are defying the national trend with many students still applying for university and two students accepted into Cambridge.
Ryan James has been accepted to study Maths at Cambridge, and Katie Scott will also be attending the prestigious university studying Geography.
56 students have applied to University this year, and 17 students have currently received replied of acceptance.
Staff at the college are extremely pleased with the amount of UCAS applications, despite the fee increases this year.
You may also want to watch:
Students are invited to attend an information evening tonight (Weds) with their parents to find out more about attending sixth form at the college.
The evening will include a presentation by senior staff, and be from 4.15pm – 7pm.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 3 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 4 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 5 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 6 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 7 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 8 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May