Students undeterred by university fees
Bideford College students are still applying for university, with two receiving acceptance letters from Cambridge
BIDEFORD College are defying the national trend with many students still applying for university and two students accepted into Cambridge.
Ryan James has been accepted to study Maths at Cambridge, and Katie Scott will also be attending the prestigious university studying Geography.
56 students have applied to University this year, and 17 students have currently received replied of acceptance.
Staff at the college are extremely pleased with the amount of UCAS applications, despite the fee increases this year.
You may also want to watch:
Students are invited to attend an information evening tonight (Weds) with their parents to find out more about attending sixth form at the college.
The evening will include a presentation by senior staff, and be from 4.15pm – 7pm.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 4 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI