Ilfracombe students butterfly design exhibition at the Landmark Theatre
- Credit: Ilfracombe Museum
The Landmark theatre has collaborated with Ilfracombe Museum to present a beautiful Art Display created by students at Ilfracombe Academy, which will be on show until the 22nd August.
The exhibition features a selection of the 93 entries, including the three winning designs, in Ilfracombe Museum’s Butterfly Design competition, which took place in June this year.
Art students from years 7 and 8, were invited by the museum to design their own butterfly, taking inspiration from the museum’s wonderful collections.
Theatre Director, Mark Farley said: “It is wonderful to host such a great display here at The Landmark. The children have clearly all worked hard at creating a visually exciting piece of art.
“We are hoping to host regular projects here and at the Queens Theatre in Barnstaple and we welcome all within our community to come and visit.
You may also want to watch:
“The Theatres will be opening the doors to an array of exciting shows so to have local artworks on display really does tie our communities together.”
The competition was part of Ilfracombe Museum’s Stay Curious project. This project aimed to connect more young people and families with the museum.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 8 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
- 9 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 10 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
Stay Curious was funded by ArtFund‘s Respond & Reimagine funding programme, a dedicated Covid 19 recovery fund for museums and galleries, designed to support innovative projects to help them adapt to the challenges of Covid 19.
All 93 entries can be found on the museum’s exhibition webpage: https://www.ilfracombemuseum.co.uk/stay-curious/stay-curious-butterfly-design-exhbition/