Students' art on show this week at North Devon College
THE popular End of Year Exhibition by art and design students at North Devon College opens its doors to the public on Monday (June 29) and is an opportunity to view the artistic fruits of a year of work. The work by the BTEC National Diploma and First Dip
THE popular End of Year Exhibition by art and design students at North Devon College opens its doors to the public on Monday (June 29) and is an opportunity to view the artistic fruits of a year of work.
The work by the BTEC National Diploma and First Diploma Art students covers everything from fine art, graphics and illustrations to textiles, fashion, 3D and film.
It is all housed in the Art Barn at the main North Devon College campus on Old Sticklepath Hill and is free to view between 9.15am-4pm from Monday until Thursday.
For the students it is the culmination of a hard year of work and a celebration of what they have achieved, while for family, friends and art enthusiasts it is a great chance to see the efforts of the next generation of local creative talents.
You may also want to watch:
ON Saturday, July 4, the college's North Devon School of Art at Pottington is hosting and Open Day from 10am-4pm with the work of Foundation Degree students on show and an opportunity to find out more about the courses on offer.
The students span a range of ages and walks of life and will be on hand to meet visitors and talk about their work and their courses.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 6 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 7 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 8 Times Past: How South Molton centrepiece came to be
- 9 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
An exhibition of their work is currently running until July 3 and is open to the public. Anyone interested in finding out more about the Foundation Degree courses can contact Pete Newell at the college on (01271) 852341 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.