Strong support for Holsworthy hospice appeal
- Credit: Archant
Half-a-million campaign for new building gets off to a flier.
NORTH Devon Hospice has started a fundraising appeal for a new building in Holsworthy.
The charity kicked off the £500,000 appeal with a well-supported coffee morning at Holsworthy Memorial Hall.
Jenny Richardson, of North Devon Hospice’s fundraising team, said organisers were thrilled by the early response.
“We have seen hundreds of people today, which is absolutely heart-warming,” she said.
“They have all been asking questions about the project and there is a real sense that local people will get behind The Long House Appeal to make this dream a reality.
You may also want to watch:
“It will be fantastic to make even more care available closer to home.”
Pending a successful fundraising appeal by the hospice, the Long House will be built on land next to Holsworthy Medical Centre.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 10 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
It will allow people in Holsworthy and surrounding areas to access more care from the hospice, such as one-to-one counselling sessions, group support, complementary therapies, outpatient clinics and more.
Upcoming fundraising events include a Nightwalk at Tamar Lakes on May 31.
Jenny said: “If you would like to do something to support the appeal, I would love to hear from you. It could be anything from a pub quiz to a sponsored sky dive.
“There is also a movement from within the community to set up local support group, and anyone wanting to get involved can contact me for more details.
“However you support the appeal, you’ll be helping us take one step closer to our goal of providing even more care to local people.”
To find out how to help, call Jenny on 01271 347204, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.northdevonhospice.org.uk