Stroke group moves to a new location in search of members
A group supporting stroke victims in the Bideford area has moved to a new location.
A Bideford-based stroke support group is looking for new members after moving into its new location.
The One Ciders group meets once a month on a Wednesday at the ASDA Bideford community room, having moved from its previous location at Bideford Hospital.
Pam Newbold, a member of the group, said: “We just want people to know that we are here, and are always keen to welcome new members.”
Pete Wilcox, ASDA Bideford’s community manager, said: “This is part of a nationwide initiative by ASDA to let community groups use our facilities. We are delighted to provide somewhere for the group to meet, and provide our community room as a venue for a variety of other community groups.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in joining the One Ciders group, which supports stroke victims and their families, can contact Anita Pottinger on 01237 421453.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's