StrEAT food comes to town
- Credit: Archant
The event in Barnstaple Pannier Market promises food and entertainment with a festival vibe.
BARNSTAPLE is hosting a food festival with a difference tomorrow (Sunday).
The town’s pannier market will be serving up tasty treats on the go during the ‘strEAT Food Barnstaple’ event from 12pm until 10pm.
The festival will feature more than a dozen different mobile food vendors selling everything from classic burgers, hot dogs and hog roasts to Mexican, barbecue, Caribbean and Indian food.
StrEAT will also feature bars from Lilico’s, Shintori and Barum Brewery, with live music, street artists and performers helping to provide a party atmosphere.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Matt Spencer, owner of Barnstaple’s Custom House, said the event was the perfect way to acknowledge the growing popularity of street food in the area.
“There’s so many brilliant local producers out and about around North Devon at any one time, it just seemed logical to bring them all together,” he said.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 7 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 8 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 Brian Greenslade's name scraped off plaque after sex assault trial