Storyteller visited Bradworthy School
A well known storyteller visited Bradworthy School in the build up to an exciting compeititon
CHILDREN at Bradworthy School were treated to an exciting visit from a well-known storyteller organised by Devon Hedge Group.
Clive Pig visited the school to share hedgerow stories and poetry with the children as part of the build up to an art competition for children across Devon.
The competition is part of a major new project called Devon’s Green Veins, inviting school children aged 16 and under to enter a piece of art about any aspect of a Devon hedge.
The Hedge Group hopes the competition will encourage children to use the diversity of art to highlight any area of hedges they find interesting, from the landscape to the wildlife.
You may also want to watch:
The winning schools will receive free tickets to the Eden Project, Plymouth Aquarium and Paignton Zoo, and the individual winners will have their work displayed in the Green Veins and Lanes exhibition in Barnstaple, Honiton, Exeter and Plymouth.
For more information on the competition and to find out how to enter visit: www.devonhedges.org
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 10 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia