Storyteller visited Bradworthy School
A well known storyteller visited Bradworthy School in the build up to an exciting compeititon
CHILDREN at Bradworthy School were treated to an exciting visit from a well-known storyteller organised by Devon Hedge Group.
Clive Pig visited the school to share hedgerow stories and poetry with the children as part of the build up to an art competition for children across Devon.
The competition is part of a major new project called Devon’s Green Veins, inviting school children aged 16 and under to enter a piece of art about any aspect of a Devon hedge.
The Hedge Group hopes the competition will encourage children to use the diversity of art to highlight any area of hedges they find interesting, from the landscape to the wildlife.
You may also want to watch:
The winning schools will receive free tickets to the Eden Project, Plymouth Aquarium and Paignton Zoo, and the individual winners will have their work displayed in the Green Veins and Lanes exhibition in Barnstaple, Honiton, Exeter and Plymouth.
For more information on the competition and to find out how to enter visit: www.devonhedges.org
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
- 10 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up